Esther almost kept silent about Haman’s plot to exterminate the Jews. Mordechai persuaded her to expose the scheme, saying, “Who knows? Perhaps you have become royalty for just such a time as this.” When we see injustice or suffering, many of us abdicate responsibility, refraining from speaking out or getting involved. But Mordechai’s question rings out: What if we were placed in that moment precisely to step up?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Purim and the Responsibilities of Privilege February 28, 2018
- Virginia House of Delegates Invocation, February 23, 2018 February 23, 2018
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017