Esther almost kept silent about Haman’s plot to exterminate the Jews. Mordechai persuaded her to expose the scheme, saying, “Who knows? Perhaps you have become royalty for just such a time as this.” When we see injustice or suffering, many of us abdicate responsibility, refraining from speaking out or getting involved. But Mordechai’s question rings out: What if we were placed in that moment precisely to step up?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- The World is Yours, But it Doesn’t Belong to You June 15, 2018
- What’s Driving Jews Away From Synagogues? Not Dues, but ‘Membership’ June 8, 2018
- Haspel nomination reignites torture debate May 29, 2018
- A Powerful Conversation at Governor Northam’s Interfaith Passover Seder May 28, 2018
- 30 Days of Liberation 2018 April 12, 2018