Esther almost kept silent about Haman’s plot to exterminate the Jews. Mordechai persuaded her to expose the scheme, saying, “Who knows? Perhaps you have become royalty for just such a time as this.” When we see injustice or suffering, many of us abdicate responsibility, refraining from speaking out or getting involved. But Mordechai’s question rings out: What if we were placed in that moment precisely to step up?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016