Esther almost kept silent about Haman’s plot to exterminate the Jews. Mordechai persuaded her to expose the scheme, saying, “Who knows? Perhaps you have become royalty for just such a time as this.” When we see injustice or suffering, many of us abdicate responsibility, refraining from speaking out or getting involved. But Mordechai’s question rings out: What if we were placed in that moment precisely to step up?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017