Esther almost kept silent about Haman’s plot to exterminate the Jews. Mordechai persuaded her to expose the scheme, saying, “Who knows? Perhaps you have become royalty for just such a time as this.” When we see injustice or suffering, many of us abdicate responsibility, refraining from speaking out or getting involved. But Mordechai’s question rings out: What if we were placed in that moment precisely to step up?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016
- Remarks at Interfaith Standing Together Press Conference December 1, 2016
- From Great to Good: Rosh Hashanah Day 2, 5777 October 11, 2016
- One Community, One Campus: Rosh Hashanah Day 1, 5777 October 5, 2016