The structure of the Seder is “to begin in degredation and end in dignity.” This echoes not only the arc of the Exodus story but also the Jewish view of all history. Sooner or later, all oppressed people are granted the full honor due them as human beings. Passover’s challenge for us, then, is which side of history will we be on? Will we side with the forces of degredation or dignity?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016
- Remarks at Interfaith Standing Together Press Conference December 1, 2016
- From Great to Good: Rosh Hashanah Day 2, 5777 October 11, 2016
- One Community, One Campus: Rosh Hashanah Day 1, 5777 October 5, 2016