The structure of the Seder is “to begin in degredation and end in dignity.” This echoes not only the arc of the Exodus story but also the Jewish view of all history. Sooner or later, all oppressed people are granted the full honor due them as human beings. Passover’s challenge for us, then, is which side of history will we be on? Will we side with the forces of degredation or dignity?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Purim and the Responsibilities of Privilege February 28, 2018
- Virginia House of Delegates Invocation, February 23, 2018 February 23, 2018
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017