The structure of the Seder is “to begin in degredation and end in dignity.” This echoes not only the arc of the Exodus story but also the Jewish view of all history. Sooner or later, all oppressed people are granted the full honor due them as human beings. Passover’s challenge for us, then, is which side of history will we be on? Will we side with the forces of degredation or dignity?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017