The structure of the Seder is “to begin in degredation and end in dignity.” This echoes not only the arc of the Exodus story but also the Jewish view of all history. Sooner or later, all oppressed people are granted the full honor due them as human beings. Passover’s challenge for us, then, is which side of history will we be on? Will we side with the forces of degredation or dignity?
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017