In Genesis, God says the Israelites would be in Egypt for 400 years, but Exodus reveals that they were there half that time. Not only this, tradition says they were unworthy of salvation. Yet before the time arrived, before they were deserving, God liberates them. As we strive to emulate God, Passover teaches that love should make us relentlessly work for others’ uplift, and that our love must extend especially to those who we believe don’t deserve it.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016
- Remarks at Interfaith Standing Together Press Conference December 1, 2016
- From Great to Good: Rosh Hashanah Day 2, 5777 October 11, 2016
- One Community, One Campus: Rosh Hashanah Day 1, 5777 October 5, 2016