In Genesis, God says the Israelites would be in Egypt for 400 years, but Exodus reveals that they were there half that time. Not only this, tradition says they were unworthy of salvation. Yet before the time arrived, before they were deserving, God liberates them. As we strive to emulate God, Passover teaches that love should make us relentlessly work for others’ uplift, and that our love must extend especially to those who we believe don’t deserve it.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017