In Genesis, God says the Israelites would be in Egypt for 400 years, but Exodus reveals that they were there half that time. Not only this, tradition says they were unworthy of salvation. Yet before the time arrived, before they were deserving, God liberates them. As we strive to emulate God, Passover teaches that love should make us relentlessly work for others’ uplift, and that our love must extend especially to those who we believe don’t deserve it.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- The World is Yours, But it Doesn’t Belong to You June 15, 2018
- What’s Driving Jews Away From Synagogues? Not Dues, but ‘Membership’ June 8, 2018
- Haspel nomination reignites torture debate May 29, 2018
- A Powerful Conversation at Governor Northam’s Interfaith Passover Seder May 28, 2018
- 30 Days of Liberation 2018 April 12, 2018