In Genesis, God says the Israelites would be in Egypt for 400 years, but Exodus reveals that they were there half that time. Not only this, tradition says they were unworthy of salvation. Yet before the time arrived, before they were deserving, God liberates them. As we strive to emulate God, Passover teaches that love should make us relentlessly work for others’ uplift, and that our love must extend especially to those who we believe don’t deserve it.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017