When commissioned by God, Moses argues that he lacked the qualifications to lead. Moses only saw his shortcomings; he couldn’t see his great potential. God, of course, also knew of Moses’ flaws, and never tried to dispel his insecurities. Instead, God tells Moses, “I will be with you.” Sometimes, in the depths of self-doubt, all we need is to know that someone who believes in our possibilities is there for us. And we, too, can play that godly role in the lives of others.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016
- Remarks at Interfaith Standing Together Press Conference December 1, 2016
- From Great to Good: Rosh Hashanah Day 2, 5777 October 11, 2016
- One Community, One Campus: Rosh Hashanah Day 1, 5777 October 5, 2016