When Moses assumes the Israelites won’t believe that God has sent him to liberate them, God replies, “Tell them ‘Eheyeh’ (‘I will be’) sent you.” Moses’ message is not that there is a God, but that there is a future. Faith is not about accepting an axiom, but rejecting despair. And redemption begins only when we feel the “audacious longing, burning songs, daring thoughts” that drive us to reach out and break free.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017