When Moses assumes the Israelites won’t believe that God has sent him to liberate them, God replies, “Tell them ‘Eheyeh’ (‘I will be’) sent you.” Moses’ message is not that there is a God, but that there is a future. Faith is not about accepting an axiom, but rejecting despair. And redemption begins only when we feel the “audacious longing, burning songs, daring thoughts” that drive us to reach out and break free.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016