When Moses assumes the Israelites won’t believe that God has sent him to liberate them, God replies, “Tell them ‘Eheyeh’ (‘I will be’) sent you.” Moses’ message is not that there is a God, but that there is a future. Faith is not about accepting an axiom, but rejecting despair. And redemption begins only when we feel the “audacious longing, burning songs, daring thoughts” that drive us to reach out and break free.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Purim and the Responsibilities of Privilege February 28, 2018
- Virginia House of Delegates Invocation, February 23, 2018 February 23, 2018
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017