Many of us tend to associate freedom with independence. The Passover story shatters that myth: Moses is dependant on Aaron’s help to lead, and the Israelites wouldn’t have been freed without joining together and marching from Egypt. Liberation is possible only with the support of others. Be a person on whom others can depend, and you will enable their – and your – redemption.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- The World is Yours, But it Doesn’t Belong to You June 15, 2018
- What’s Driving Jews Away From Synagogues? Not Dues, but ‘Membership’ June 8, 2018
- Haspel nomination reignites torture debate May 29, 2018
- A Powerful Conversation at Governor Northam’s Interfaith Passover Seder May 28, 2018
- 30 Days of Liberation 2018 April 12, 2018