My dear friend and teacher, Rabbi Justin Goldstein, writes that the command for to see ourselves as one who left Egypt is not about memory, but about transformation. When we recognize our capacity for leaving behind whatever physically/emotionally/spiritually enslaves us, for being supple and dynamic enough to change, we can summon the strength and courage to be the best next iteration of ourselves. There are moments when we are called to change. See yourself as a leaver of Egypt, and become empowered to do it.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017