My dear friend and teacher, Rabbi Justin Goldstein, writes that the command for to see ourselves as one who left Egypt is not about memory, but about transformation. When we recognize our capacity for leaving behind whatever physically/emotionally/spiritually enslaves us, for being supple and dynamic enough to change, we can summon the strength and courage to be the best next iteration of ourselves. There are moments when we are called to change. See yourself as a leaver of Egypt, and become empowered to do it.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017