My dear friend and teacher, Rabbi Justin Goldstein, writes that the command for to see ourselves as one who left Egypt is not about memory, but about transformation. When we recognize our capacity for leaving behind whatever physically/emotionally/spiritually enslaves us, for being supple and dynamic enough to change, we can summon the strength and courage to be the best next iteration of ourselves. There are moments when we are called to change. See yourself as a leaver of Egypt, and become empowered to do it.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016