God commissions Moses, and Moses balks: “I don’t have the right abilities.” God responds, “Who gives man speech? Who makes him dumb or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I?” So often, we say “I can’t” before we open ourselves to how we might. Pesah reminds us that we are children of a God with nearly limitless potential. That potential is inside us, too. Before you say something is hopeless, think creatively about how it might be possible. You’ll be surprised at what you’re able to achieve.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- The World is Yours, But it Doesn’t Belong to You June 15, 2018
- What’s Driving Jews Away From Synagogues? Not Dues, but ‘Membership’ June 8, 2018
- Haspel nomination reignites torture debate May 29, 2018
- A Powerful Conversation at Governor Northam’s Interfaith Passover Seder May 28, 2018
- 30 Days of Liberation 2018 April 12, 2018