God commissions Moses, and Moses balks: “I don’t have the right abilities.” God responds, “Who gives man speech? Who makes him dumb or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I?” So often, we say “I can’t” before we open ourselves to how we might. Pesah reminds us that we are children of a God with nearly limitless potential. That potential is inside us, too. Before you say something is hopeless, think creatively about how it might be possible. You’ll be surprised at what you’re able to achieve.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017