God commissions Moses, and Moses balks: “I don’t have the right abilities.” God responds, “Who gives man speech? Who makes him dumb or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I?” So often, we say “I can’t” before we open ourselves to how we might. Pesah reminds us that we are children of a God with nearly limitless potential. That potential is inside us, too. Before you say something is hopeless, think creatively about how it might be possible. You’ll be surprised at what you’re able to achieve.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016
- Remarks at Interfaith Standing Together Press Conference December 1, 2016
- From Great to Good: Rosh Hashanah Day 2, 5777 October 11, 2016
- One Community, One Campus: Rosh Hashanah Day 1, 5777 October 5, 2016