God commissions Moses, and Moses balks: “I don’t have the right abilities.” God responds, “Who gives man speech? Who makes him dumb or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I?” So often, we say “I can’t” before we open ourselves to how we might. Pesah reminds us that we are children of a God with nearly limitless potential. That potential is inside us, too. Before you say something is hopeless, think creatively about how it might be possible. You’ll be surprised at what you’re able to achieve.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017