God commissions Moses, and Moses balks: “I don’t have the right abilities.” God responds, “Who gives man speech? Who makes him dumb or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I?” So often, we say “I can’t” before we open ourselves to how we might. Pesah reminds us that we are children of a God with nearly limitless potential. That potential is inside us, too. Before you say something is hopeless, think creatively about how it might be possible. You’ll be surprised at what you’re able to achieve.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Purim and the Responsibilities of Privilege February 28, 2018
- Virginia House of Delegates Invocation, February 23, 2018 February 23, 2018
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017