The Chernobyler Rebbe teaches that, the night before the Israelites left Egypt, they had a Seder; the same that we do today. An audacious statement! Our Seder celebrates leaving Egypt, and those Israelites were not yet free! While historically unlikely, this teaching offers powerful wisdom: The Israelites could not leave Egypt until they believed they were destined to. And redemption in our lives cannot happen unless we are first confident that it will.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- The World is Yours, But it Doesn’t Belong to You June 15, 2018
- What’s Driving Jews Away From Synagogues? Not Dues, but ‘Membership’ June 8, 2018
- Haspel nomination reignites torture debate May 29, 2018
- A Powerful Conversation at Governor Northam’s Interfaith Passover Seder May 28, 2018
- 30 Days of Liberation 2018 April 12, 2018