The Chernobyler Rebbe teaches that, the night before the Israelites left Egypt, they had a Seder; the same that we do today. An audacious statement! Our Seder celebrates leaving Egypt, and those Israelites were not yet free! While historically unlikely, this teaching offers powerful wisdom: The Israelites could not leave Egypt until they believed they were destined to. And redemption in our lives cannot happen unless we are first confident that it will.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016
- Remarks at Interfaith Standing Together Press Conference December 1, 2016
- From Great to Good: Rosh Hashanah Day 2, 5777 October 11, 2016
- One Community, One Campus: Rosh Hashanah Day 1, 5777 October 5, 2016