The Chernobyler Rebbe teaches that, the night before the Israelites left Egypt, they had a Seder; the same that we do today. An audacious statement! Our Seder celebrates leaving Egypt, and those Israelites were not yet free! While historically unlikely, this teaching offers powerful wisdom: The Israelites could not leave Egypt until they believed they were destined to. And redemption in our lives cannot happen unless we are first confident that it will.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017