The Chernobyler Rebbe teaches that, the night before the Israelites left Egypt, they had a Seder; the same that we do today. An audacious statement! Our Seder celebrates leaving Egypt, and those Israelites were not yet free! While historically unlikely, this teaching offers powerful wisdom: The Israelites could not leave Egypt until they believed they were destined to. And redemption in our lives cannot happen unless we are first confident that it will.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016