On Passover eve, there’s a gap of more than half a day between the last time we may eat hametz and the first time we may eat matzah. Call it a “Spiritual Detox.” We can’t simply separate ourselves from that which impedes us from living our best lives and then immediately replace those qualities with good virtues. Before we can truly better ourselves, we first need time to purge ourselves of our desires for old ways of being. Otherwise, we’ll soon revert to old habits.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017
- Illumin8 2016 December 27, 2016