On Passover eve, there’s a gap of more than half a day between the last time we may eat hametz and the first time we may eat matzah. Call it a “Spiritual Detox.” We can’t simply separate ourselves from that which impedes us from living our best lives and then immediately replace those qualities with good virtues. Before we can truly better ourselves, we first need time to purge ourselves of our desires for old ways of being. Otherwise, we’ll soon revert to old habits.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017