One of the most beloved songs of the Seder is “Had Gadya (“One Little Goat”), in which the purchase of a kid sets in motion a chain of events that impacts the entire cosmos; the Angel of Death and even God become involved. Some call this the “Butterfly Effect” (though perhaps “Goat Effect” is more apt). One small action can have enormous and unforeseen implications, for good or ill. Take great care in what you say and do. One small act can repair or tear apart worlds.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017