One of the most beloved songs of the Seder is “Had Gadya (“One Little Goat”), in which the purchase of a kid sets in motion a chain of events that impacts the entire cosmos; the Angel of Death and even God become involved. Some call this the “Butterfly Effect” (though perhaps “Goat Effect” is more apt). One small action can have enormous and unforeseen implications, for good or ill. Take great care in what you say and do. One small act can repair or tear apart worlds.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017