One of the most beloved songs of the Seder is “Had Gadya (“One Little Goat”), in which the purchase of a kid sets in motion a chain of events that impacts the entire cosmos; the Angel of Death and even God become involved. Some call this the “Butterfly Effect” (though perhaps “Goat Effect” is more apt). One small action can have enormous and unforeseen implications, for good or ill. Take great care in what you say and do. One small act can repair or tear apart worlds.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- The World is Yours, But it Doesn’t Belong to You June 15, 2018
- What’s Driving Jews Away From Synagogues? Not Dues, but ‘Membership’ June 8, 2018
- Haspel nomination reignites torture debate May 29, 2018
- A Powerful Conversation at Governor Northam’s Interfaith Passover Seder May 28, 2018
- 30 Days of Liberation 2018 April 12, 2018