One of the most beloved songs of the Seder is “Had Gadya (“One Little Goat”), in which the purchase of a kid sets in motion a chain of events that impacts the entire cosmos; the Angel of Death and even God become involved. Some call this the “Butterfly Effect” (though perhaps “Goat Effect” is more apt). One small action can have enormous and unforeseen implications, for good or ill. Take great care in what you say and do. One small act can repair or tear apart worlds.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Purim and the Responsibilities of Privilege February 28, 2018
- Virginia House of Delegates Invocation, February 23, 2018 February 23, 2018
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017