The Seder (Passover’s ritual meal) begins with “Kadesh,” sanctifying the day over wine. During this rite, we call Passover a “Holy Calling.” Why? According to Rabbi Nahman of Bratslav, it is because the Exodus revealed God to Egyptian and Hebrew alike. The holiday thus “calls” out, “God is one! Nothing is profane! Everything is holy!” Passover reveals our world’s reality: all is One, God is everything, and everything is God. You stand on holy ground. Everything around you – and everyone you meet – is a piece of the Divine. Walk with reverence, engage with love.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Here’s the Advice I Would Give to New Rabbis… June 25, 2017
- 6 Years as a Rabbi: What I’ve Learned June 16, 2017
- Do You control Your Monuments, or Do They Control You? – Shavuot 2017 June 2, 2017
- Remarks from Richmond Rally Against Muslim Ban May 9, 2017
- 30 Days of Liberation 2017 April 14, 2017