The Seder (Passover’s ritual meal) begins with “Kadesh,” sanctifying the day over wine. During this rite, we call Passover a “Holy Calling.” Why? According to Rabbi Nahman of Bratslav, it is because the Exodus revealed God to Egyptian and Hebrew alike. The holiday thus “calls” out, “God is one! Nothing is profane! Everything is holy!” Passover reveals our world’s reality: all is One, God is everything, and everything is God. You stand on holy ground. Everything around you – and everyone you meet – is a piece of the Divine. Walk with reverence, engage with love.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
- After Charlottesville, Be a Light – Rosh Hashanah 2017 September 24, 2017