Our Passover celebration has to include greens. We might have thought that freedom and becoming God’s beloved would divorce us from creation, elevating us to a unique status. But the God we were liberated to serve is the God of all creation, the Source of All Life, the expression of the Oneness of our reality. A free person sees that all life is related to all life, that all is One, beckoning a responsibility toward – and a recognition of our deep connection to – our world and all its creatures.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- The World is Yours, But it Doesn’t Belong to You June 15, 2018
- What’s Driving Jews Away From Synagogues? Not Dues, but ‘Membership’ June 8, 2018
- Haspel nomination reignites torture debate May 29, 2018
- A Powerful Conversation at Governor Northam’s Interfaith Passover Seder May 28, 2018
- 30 Days of Liberation 2018 April 12, 2018