Our Passover celebration has to include greens. We might have thought that freedom and becoming God’s beloved would divorce us from creation, elevating us to a unique status. But the God we were liberated to serve is the God of all creation, the Source of All Life, the expression of the Oneness of our reality. A free person sees that all life is related to all life, that all is One, beckoning a responsibility toward – and a recognition of our deep connection to – our world and all its creatures.
Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Purim and the Responsibilities of Privilege February 28, 2018
- Virginia House of Delegates Invocation, February 23, 2018 February 23, 2018
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017