Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
- Three Essentials to Pack for Your Journey – Kol Nidrei 2017 October 1, 2017
Browse the Archives
Browse Posts by Category
- Happy #starwars week, y’all! #thelastjedi #maytheforcebewithyou #resist #nerdalert instagram.com/p/BckJPBrhsV5/ 16 hours ago
- Congress could put a stop to Trump's #MuslimBan once and for all. Join me and demand action now: aclu.org/NoMuslimBanEve… 1 week ago
- Returning to work today after a rejuvenating (but too short) paternity leave. Will miss the… instagram.com/p/BcR9spChqA5/ 1 week ago
- RT @RevDrBarber: Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold… 1 week ago
- A little late to the party, but I had a moment to write a few thoughts about the President’s Islamophobic tweets fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Monday Midrash: What God Created Before the World December 7, 2017According to the Midrash, God created some things, and determined to create yet more things, before creating the world. Join Rabbi Knopf to explore what those things things were, and why God started with them.
- Monday Midrash: God and the Angels… November 30, 2017When did God create angels? And, if God is one, how is there so much diversity within creation? Join Rabbi Knopf as he and his midrash students discuss these and other ancient rabbinic questions.
- Monday Midrash: Big Questions… November 23, 2017Why does the Torah begin with the creation of the world, and not with the first commandment? And is there such a thing as “intelligent design?” Join Rabbi Knopf as he and his midrash students discuss these and other ancient rabbinic questions.
- Monday Midrash: Torah as Architect of the World November 17, 2017Join Rabbi Knopf on a journey through the collection of rabbinic commentary on the Bible known as Midrash Rabbah. This week, Rabbi Knopf continues to explore the first midrash of Genesis Rabbah, which discusses how God used the Torah to help create the world.
- Monday Midrash: Session One November 10, 2017Join Rabbi Knopf on a journey through the collection of rabbinic commentary on the Bible known as Midrash Rabbah. In this session, we begin to explore the first midrash on Genesis.
- Monday Midrash: What God Created Before the World December 7, 2017