Read Rabbi Knopf’s Recent Posts
- Inauguration Benediction January 14, 2018
- Statement about the President’s Islamophobic Tweets December 1, 2017
- Pray for Healing, Fight for Justice: A Response to the Sutherland Springs Mass-Shooting November 6, 2017
- Welcome Akiva Betzalel Knopf October 2, 2017
- Extremists for Love – Yom Kippur 2017 October 1, 2017
Browse the Archives
Browse Posts by Category
- “It is our diversity in Virginia that makes us who we are.” - Governor Ralph Northam 15 hours ago
- What it really means to be pro-life: Recognizing that nearly as many Virginians have died in the past year from gun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- Living out the biblical principles of pursuing justice and not standing idly by. Looking forward… instagram.com/p/BeSznxCBHPg/ 15 hours ago
- My latest class, “Monday Midrash: Creation Without Arrogance “ has been published as a podcast on JCast Network.... fb.me/1CCXufn82 5 days ago
- My rabbi. twitter.com/rabbidoublea/s… 5 days ago
- Monday Midrash: Creation Without Arrogance January 18, 2018How do we talk about Creation without arrogance? Is any attempt to discuss the mysterious inherently presumptuous? Is it rebellious? What do we make of the Torah’s silence on the mechanics of Creation, and what may or may not have existed before God created the world? Join Rabbi Knopf as we explore these and other […]
- Monday Midrash: Creation… How and Why? December 28, 2017What did God create before creating the world, and why did God create the world in the first place?
- End Of Year Appeal December 18, 2017It’s that time of year! Each year, at the end of December, JCast Journey host, and JCast Network Executive Director and Producer looks back at the year that was for JCast Network, and asks that, as you consider your end of year philanthropic giving, that you include JCast Network. Although over the course of this […]
- Monday Midrash: What God Created Before the World December 7, 2017According to the Midrash, God created some things, and determined to create yet more things, before creating the world. Join Rabbi Knopf to explore what those things things were, and why God started with them.
- Monday Midrash: God and the Angels… November 30, 2017When did God create angels? And, if God is one, how is there so much diversity within creation? Join Rabbi Knopf as he and his midrash students discuss these and other ancient rabbinic questions.
- Monday Midrash: Creation Without Arrogance January 18, 2018